Steve Jay appointed as assistant manager at Ipswich Wanderers
IPSWICH Wanderers have appointed former Stowmarket Town boss Steve Jay as their new assistant manager.
Jay reunites with Read again after the pair started the season together at Stowmarket Town, although the management duo will have reversed roles at Wanderers to what they had at Greens Meadow.
Wanderers chairman Terry Fenwick said: “I would like on behalf of the to club welcome Steve to the Doucy. It’s great to have somebody so experienced at this level as part of our club, and I think that Steve and Glenn will work well together to help push Wanderers up the table.”
Jay, who also has Ridgeons League experience managing Hadleigh United, takes over the number two position from Paul Grainger, who departed alongside Steve Buckle in October.
The new assistant will make his first outing in the Wanderers dugout alongside Read on Boxing Day, when his new club host local rivals Whitton United at Humber Doucy Lane (11am kick-off).
You may also want to watch:
Fenwick added: “We haven’t been able to have the Christmas game for a few seasons now because of bad weather, so we’re really hoping for a bumper crowd on Boxing Day to see another positive Wanderers performance.”
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe