Steven Taylor and Christophe Berra to miss Ipswich Town’s trip to Brighton
Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy will be without central defensive pair, Christophe Berra and Steven Taylor for Tuesday night’s Championship trip to second-top Brighton & Hove Albion.
Taylor limped off early in the 1-0 win at Saston Villa on Saturday and will be out for three to four weeks with a hamstring problem.
As for Berra, the Scottish international suffered a concussion towards the end of the halof at Villa Park and, as a result of FA rules, is not permitted to play in the game immediately afterwards. He should be back in contention for Saturday’s visit of Leeds.
McCarthy has hinted that he could start the team that finished in Birmingham at the weekend, meaning Jonas Knudsen and Jordan Spence joining Luke Chambers in a makeshift back-three – Myles Kenlock and Josh Emmanuel filling the wing-back roles.
Cole Skuse will miss out once again with an Achilles problem, but Saturday’s goalscoring hero Emyr Huws will be fit, despite suffering a knock to his knee.
You may also want to watch:
Tommy Smith and Luke Hyam are stepping up their recoveries after injury but won’t feature, whilse Danny Rowe has a slight groin strain and Reading loan signing Dominic Samuel is out for around six weeks with a broken toe.
Adam Webster, Giles Coke and Jonny Williams remain sidelined.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood