Stoke keen on cut-price Nugent
PORTSMOUTH bad-boy David Nugent is being kicked out of the struggling Premier League club - at a knockdown price. (Daily Mirror)Nugent and team-mate Marc Wilson were sent home in disgrace this week from Pompey's trip to Portugal following a brutal hotel punch-up.
PORTSMOUTH bad-boy David Nugent is being kicked out of the struggling Premier League club - at a knockdown price. (Daily Mirror)
Nugent and team-mate Marc Wilson were sent home in disgrace this week from Pompey's trip to Portugal following a brutal hotel punch-up.
And now boss Paul Hart has offered to slash a third off his asking price if Stoke will take Nugent off his hands. The former England striker was yesterday in talks about a �4million move - �2m less than his market value.
Nugent, 24, and Wilson were sent home and fined after the fight in the Villa Hotel in Guimares on Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Hard-up Pompey are desperate to raise money to stave off the threat of administration as Sulaiman Al Fahim's takeover continues to stall.
And manager Hart wants to cash in on Nugent to avoid having to sell Sylvain Distin and Niko Kranjcar. Stoke boss Tony Pulis is also keen on Nugent's �5m-rated team-mate Nadir Belhadj.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences