Stoke sure to be a force again
THE first round of the Stenson Shield, the scratch inter-club event, will be played on Saturday, April 14.Holders Stoke by Nayland, who are sure to be a force once again with such a spectacular crop of youthful talent, are at home to Gorleston.
THE first round of the Stenson Shield, the scratch inter-club event, will be played on Saturday, April 14.
Holders Stoke by Nayland, who are sure to be a force once again with such a spectacular crop of youthful talent, are at home to Gorleston. The likes of Michael Swan, Scott and Liam Brace and Rob Murray may prove hard to beat.
Fynn Valley are at home to Newton Green, whose club champion was Ollie Rush after young Adam Woodhead was disqualified on a technicality. Both are sure to be competitive but they face an uphill battle.
There will be a battle royal at Thorpeness where Aldeburgh are the visitors while Felixstowe Ferry will need to be at their best to survive a trip to The Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Bungay, surprise packets last season with juniors Alastair Hall and Dickon Housman playing so well, should have a tremendous match with Diss, one of their nearest neighbours.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 8 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
First round (to be played on April 14): Fynn Valley v Newton Green, Ufford Park v Rushmere, Waldringfield v Rookery Park, Stoke by Nayland v Gorleston, Thorpeness v Aldeburgh, Bungay and Waveney Valley v Diss, The Suffolk v Felixstowe Ferry.
Byes: Hintlesham, Haverhill, Southwold. Flempton, Woodbridge, Ipswich, Halesworth, Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket.