Stowmarket swimmers are champions after securing victory in Summer League
- Credit: Archant
For the second year in a row, Stowmarket Swimming Club are Suffolk Summer League champions.
Having travelled to Bungay and Sudbury in previous rounds, Stowmarket Swimming Club hosted the final round at the Leisure Centre on Saturday night and, in a thrilling atmosphere, they not only won the event on the night but also the overall league and boys’ championship.
Swimming against four other clubs in the final, every one of the 20 swimmers in the team contributed towards the winning points total.
Starting with the youngest at age nine, the swimmers were: Mathew Debenham, Robert Wing, Lucy Griffin, Freya Llewellyn, Logan Pyle, Beanie Spain, Isobel Lancaster, Hannah Harrison, Luca Clarke, Manfred Battle, William Debenham, Amy Davies, Eleanor Llewellyn, Bethany Skoulding, Jack Spain, Alex Harrison, Chloe Allen, Cally Pickering, Hannah Champion, Thomas Clare, Lija Radziunate, Ollie Pyle and Nick Borrett.
Stowmarket Swimming Club head coach, Sylvia Harrison, said: “This was a brilliant night for the club - every swimmer swam fantastically well and gave it their all.
You may also want to watch:
“It really gives them such a lift to be winners and league champions”.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week