Stowmarket Town and Framlingham Town share the spoils

Danny Smith Fram takes on Duane Wright Stow

Danny Smith Fram takes on Duane Wright Stow - Credit: Archant

Jack Baker rescued an equaliser from close range with 15 minutes to go, as Stowmarket Town left Badingham Road with a point.

Stows Ben Licence takes on Cyrus Thorpe

Stows Ben Licence takes on Cyrus Thorpe - Credit: Archant

The visitors arrived having suffered just one league defeat all season, and lying second in the table, but went behind as early as the eighth minute.

Simon Poacher Fram heads with George Bugg Stow

Simon Poacher Fram heads with George Bugg Stow - Credit: Archant

Framlingham had already created a chance when John Kerridge headed straight at Lewis Higgins but two minutes later, Max Willett’s corner was partially cleared to the edge of the area where Danny Smith hit an unstoppable volley beyond the goalkeeper.

Mical Moore Stow and Simon Poacher Fram

Mical Moore Stow and Simon Poacher Fram - Credit: Archant

Stowmarket then had a couple of corners and, from one, Mical Moore rose to head goalwards only for James Mayhew to clear off the line. Ben Porter-Hardy then dragged his shot wide at the other end.

Simon Poacher Fram and Mical Moore Stow

Simon Poacher Fram and Mical Moore Stow - Credit: Archant

On 17 minutes, Stowmarket were awarded a penalty when Charlie Smith and Steve Holder went for a bouncing ball and the home number eight was adjudged to have fouled the Stowmarket player.

You may also want to watch:

Up stepped George Bugg and while man-of-the-match Gary Rose produced a great save, the ball was not cleared by the home defence and Bugg bundled it over the line for the equaliser.

As Stowmarket surged forward, Fram’s defence were penalised for a number of fouls, Danny Cunningham putting free-kicks into the danger area.

Most Read

The home side then took the lead and Willett again played his part in the goal. His free-kick missed the defence and forward players but Matt Aldis played the ball back into the area and Mayhew’s looping header found the back of the net.

Cunningham was driving the Stow team on, the visitors gaining four quick corners, but Framlingham’s defence played well and Rose made an excellent save from Holder to turn his shot away for another corner.

On 44 minutes Moore found himself alone on the edge of the area but, as the ball dropped, he volleyed narrowly wide of the post.

New signing James Murray was a second-half substitute for Stowmarket, who had the ball in the net on 52 minutes, but Licence was given off side. Willett then shot over the bar.

Moments later, Murray showed his class with a threaded ball through the Framlingham defence for Licence, who slid the ball wide.

As the game progressed, Stowmarket made further substitutions in an attempt to score and after some pressure on the home defence Baker netted from close range on 75 minutes after the ball was headed back from a Wright free-kick.

In added time Baker headed over from close range and, as the final whistle went, there was big applause for both sides, who took part in an entertaining game.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter