Stowmarket Town sign defender Sam Nunn
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Stowmarket Town have signed defender Sam Nunn on a two-year deal starting from next season, writes Alex Moss.
Nunn joins from Needham Market and becomes the third new signing during the post-season at Greens Meadow, following the additions of Tom Matthews, from Wroxham, and Max Melanson, from Thetford Town.
The 28-year-old, who has also had spells at Bury Town and Lowestoft Town, has racked up hundreds of appearances while playing at Steps 3 and 4 in the Bostik League, and has a league title winning medal to his name.
Nunn was part of the Needham team which won the Bostik League Division One North (then known as the Ryman League) title back in 2014-15, which earned the Marketmen promotion to Step 3 for the first time in their history.
After the best part of five years at Needham, Nunn has decided to take on a new challenge and link up with Rick Andrews’ Stow side, who racked up more than 100 points as they finished third in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division last season.
You may also want to watch:
“Sam’s a player I have admired for a number of years,” Andrews said. “He’s a no-nonsense defender who will put his head in where others won’t.
“He brings great experience and is exactly what we need at this point in the club’s progression.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
“I’m excited to start working with him and know he will complement the squad perfectly.”
Stow assistant manager Paul Musgrove said of Nunn’s arrival: “It’s a big signing for Stow and it shows our intent to push on from where we were last year.
“Sam’s a local lad. I’ve known him for a quite a long while and he’s obviously played for Bury, Lowestoft and Needham.
“It speaks for itself who he’s played for and he’ll come in add that experience which we need.
“He had quite a bad injury last year but still managed to get back in the team, which shows his quality, and obviously he helped keep them up.”