Stowmarket Town sign striker Matt Dixon from Diss Town
- Credit: Archant
Stowmarket Town have completed the signing of experienced striker Matt Dixon from Diss Town.
The 34-year-old agreed a deal to join the Old Gold and Blacks earlier this week, having decided not to stay at the Tangerines following their relegation from the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division at the end of last season.
Dixon returned to Diss for a second spell in January 2014, having previously played for AFC Sudbury, Walsham-le-Willows and Needham Market.
The former Ipswich Town youth player moved from the Marketmen to Thetford Town in the summer of 2009, where he gained notoriety scoring an impressive 77 goals in just 97 appearances.
Dixon was top goalscorer at Thetford for all three seasons while at Mundford Road, with his goals in the third of them leading the Brecklanders to promotion from the First Division.
You may also want to watch:
Following that excellent campaign in front of goal Dixon signed for Norwich United, before switching to Diss for the first of two spells at Brewers Green Lane.
A return to Thetford at the start of the 2013-14 season yielded 10 goals in 28 appearances, with the frontman netting 22 times in 53 games during a second stint at his last club Diss.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 8 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 9 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
Stow boss Rick Andrews said: “I’m delighted to finally sign Matt. I’ve been after him ever since I came to the club. He is a natural goalscorer who will no doubt improve us as a team.
“I spoke to him the other night and told him of our plans and he liked what he heard and was keen to be a part of it. That’s what the club wants, players who want to be here.”
Dixon is the first new signing of the summer for Stow, with Andrews having announced on Monday that captain Nathan Birch has agreed to stay at Greens Meadow next season.
Andrews is expecting to announce other new signings in the coming weeks leading up to the 2015-16 campaign, which will see Stowmarket compete in the First Division for the 11th consecutive season.