Stowupland boss to follow Sir Alex
STOWUPLAND Falcons manager Paul Bugg is planning to follow the example of Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.The legendary bosses of Manchester United and Arsenal have a history of fielding below-par teams in the Carling Cup.
STOWUPLAND Falcons manager Paul Bugg is planning to follow the example of Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.
The legendary bosses of Manchester United and Arsenal have a history of fielding below-par teams in the Carling Cup.
And Bugg intends to do the same on Monday when his side entertain junior club Bramford United in the equivalent competition within the Kingsley Healthcare SIL.
You may also want to watch:
The Omnico Cup is the SIL's League Cup open to every club within their compass.
Bugg rates the importance of staying in the Senior Division higher than getting to the fourth round of the Omnico Cup.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
“I'm not concerned about the cup competition,” said Bugg. “The league is my priority and keeping our place in senior football after losing our opening 10 games.
“Monday's side will not contain many regular first-team players as it is unimportant if we go out of the competition.”
Monday's Omnico Cup games all kick-off at 1.30pm with a number of potential giant killing possibilities.
Aldeburgh Town (versus Ransomes Sports), Claydon (Achilles), Sizewell Associates (Framlingham Town), Halesworth Town (Capel Plough) and Somersham (Old Newton) are junior sides that are all taking on senior opposition.