Paul Hurst confirms that David McGoldrick has left Ipswich Town
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Striker David McGoldrick has left Ipswich Town, new boss Paul Hurst confirmed today.
Hurst met the media as his players returned for pre-season training for the first time, and confirmed that out-of-contract hitman McGoldrick has left the club.
The 30-year-old is one of the league’s best players on his day – tricky, creative and skilful – but has been blighted by injuries in recent seasons.
He joined the Blues in January 2013, initially on loan from Nottingham Forest, before signing permanently that summer.
All told, he made 159 appearances for the Blues, netting 45 goals.
With his family still based in the Midlands, it looks likely that McGoldrick will look for a new club back in that area.
What do you think? Is it the right move to let McGoldrick go?
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 3 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 9 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 10 Matchday Live: McGreal's Town behind at The Valley