Paul Hurst confirms that David McGoldrick has left Ipswich Town
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Striker David McGoldrick has left Ipswich Town, new boss Paul Hurst confirmed today.
Hurst met the media as his players returned for pre-season training for the first time, and confirmed that out-of-contract hitman McGoldrick has left the club.
The 30-year-old is one of the league’s best players on his day – tricky, creative and skilful – but has been blighted by injuries in recent seasons.
He joined the Blues in January 2013, initially on loan from Nottingham Forest, before signing permanently that summer.
All told, he made 159 appearances for the Blues, netting 45 goals.
You may also want to watch:
With his family still based in the Midlands, it looks likely that McGoldrick will look for a new club back in that area.
What do you think? Is it the right move to let McGoldrick go?
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game