Strong Town bid for Champions Cup
TEN of the starting XI looking to secure the Champions Cup for Ipswich Town reserves tonight have first team experience.The Blues showed their intent at winning the title against Brighton at Portman Road in the game between the two conference winners of the Combination League, which kicks of at 7pm, by selecting a strong side.
By Derek Davis
TEN of the starting XI looking to secure the Champions Cup for Ipswich Town reserves tonight have first team experience.
The Blues showed their intent at winning the title against Brighton at Portman Road in the game between the two conference winners of the Combination League, which kicks of at 7pm, by selecting a strong side.
Danny Haynes and Billy Clarke both played in the senior side's Carling Cup exit at MK Dons last night, while only Michael Synnott has yet to make his full debut for the Blues.
You may also want to watch:
The Republic of Ireland young international did score for the Blues during pre-season in the win over Kettering, along with Clarke and George O'Callaghan.
Shame Supple gets the nod in goal while O'Callaghan and Jaime Peters will be pushing to catch the manager's eye with places possibly up for grabs at Plymouth on Saturday.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
Brighton are also fielding an experienced team, although many of their side are players coming back from injury.
Ipswich Town Res:
Brighton from: Sullivan, Hart, Fogden, Reid, Cobbs, Mayo, Savage, Loft, Elder, Gatting, Robinson, Beda, Winterton, Wills, Louis, French.