Success for Sudbury Joggers club
SIX members of Sudbury's running club, Sudbury Joggers, completed the Essex 20 Mile race at Great Bromley on Sunday 17.
SIX members of Sudbury's running club, Sudbury Joggers, completed the Essex 20 Mile race at Great Bromley on Sunday 17. The conditions were perfect, which helped the runners to achieve some great times across the flat, scenic course.
Paul Preston gave a fantastic performance gaining a new personal best in 2.05.33 for 18th position. He was followed home by Jem Smith in an impressive time of 2.13.50 taking 31st spot, another personal best.
Andy Buck was next in, giving a gutsy performance in 2.15.09. Andy also gained a new personal best despite losing precious training time in previous months due to injury.
Christian Gillibrand had a superb race, knocking a whooping fifteen minutes of his last attempt at the course the previous year in 2.16.50. For the ladies Amanda Henry displayed a blinding performance in 2.17.41 taking second place in the women's event. This was also a great personal best compared to the year before. Finally Phyllida Hylillidia gained a new personal best in her first race at this distance in 3.45.26.
You may also want to watch:
On the same weekend, another Sudbury Jogger Thomas Konopka completed the Bungay 20km in 1.54.46, giving him a position of 420th in an event that had 542 finishers. Anyone interested in more information about the Sudbury Joggers can visit the website or contact Jem Smith on 07779498405.
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 9 Family's heartfelt tribute to 'devoted mother' of four who died in crash
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision