Successful tour for Greyhounds
IPSWICH Greyhounds Regiment have returned undefeated from their 46th annual tour.
The Greyhounds made their annual pilgrimage to Surrey and Kent and won four and drew one of their five tour matches.
Highlights of the tour included celebrating the 80th birthday of Halstead groundsman and umpire Brian ‘Harry’ Firmin in style, Australian ‘Drew’ Cameron’s whirlwind century at Southborough and 16-year-old off-spinner Cadet Jack Elford’s seven for 29 at Hadlow, followed by his one for 78 the next day!
Wicket-keeper/batsman Neal Manning also announced his retirement from playing for the Greyhounds during the tour after many years as a member of the Regiment.
You may also want to watch:
Greyhounds 210 for 8 dec (R Shurety 65, E Pryke 46, J Rusby 37). Reigate Pilgrims 158 (S Rutt 4 for 24, R Shurety 3 for 58). Greyhounds won by 52 runs.
Greyhounds 189 for 8 (S Connelly 58no, J Rigsby 41, P Mobbs 21). Hadlow 122 (J Elford 7 for 29). Greyhounds won 40 overs-a-side match by 67 runs.
- 1 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Matchday Live: Six new signings start as Town host Palace
- 8 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 9 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
Southborough 253 for 4 dec (J Smith 2 for 46). Greyhounds 256 for 8 (A Cameron 123, E Thorogood 40, J Smith 31no). Greyhounds won by 2 wkts.
Greyhounds 206 for 7 dec (J Rusby 80, A Cameron 60, S Connelly 28, E Pryke 21). Linton Park 191 for 5 (J Smith 3 for 56). Match drawn.
Milstead 136 (T Ogden 4 for 27, A Cameron 3 for 24, S Connelly 3 for 43). Greyhounds 140 for 3 (E Pryke 63, C Thomas 38no). Greyhounds won by 7 wkts.