Sudbury Bowls Club ladies reach County Triples final
- Credit: Archant
Sudbury Bowls Club’s ladies have won through to the final of the County Ladies Triples competition beating a team from Holywells BC (Ipswich).
Jacqui Edgar and her team mates, Jane Watson and Ann Baker, had a slow start and were 9-2 down before hitting their form and going on to win 23-16.
They now play the final against a team from Felixstowe, at Ipswich, on July 18.
By virtue of reaching the semi-finals they automatically qualify for the Bowls England National Triples Competition which will be held on the week commencing August 10, at Leamington.
Another successful competition result from the Quay Lane club bowlers was in the County Norton Cup – Men’s Fours (two bowls) – one team at home and one away playing simultaneously - against Lowestoft Rail.
You may also want to watch:
Playing with only two bowls means it’s important to get into your stride very quickly and that is what Sudbury did at home with Graham Smith, Brian Smith, Colin Tuxworth and Rod Sharp winning 22-12.
It was a tougher game away and Terry Parker, Terry Swift, Dave Parker and Aaron Philips had to battle to come away with an 18-18 draw. An overall win for Sudbury 40/30 who will now meet Norbridge BC (Ipswich) in the quarter finals on Sunday.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill