Sudbury Fun Run: marshals needed
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help marshal the Sudbury Fun Run and Walk on Good Friday, 2nd April.The run has been a major charity event in town since the early 1980s, and due to new UK Athletics regulations, 75 marshal points are required, many more than in previous years.
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help marshal the Sudbury Fun Run and Walk on Good Friday, 2nd April.
The run has been a major charity event in town since the early 1980s, and due to new UK Athletics regulations, 75 marshal points are required, many more than in previous years.
The majority of marshal points simply require an official presence to give early awareness to drivers and the public, and ensure runners and walkers remain safe while taking part - and are moving in the correct direction.
The major areas where marshals are needed are Bures Road, Hedgerows and Shawlands Avenue. Any individuals or groups that are able to help on the morning of the events would be welcome. All marshals, who need to be at least 16 years old, will be given full instructions in advance of the events, and will be finished by 11am.
You may also want to watch:
There are also other duties as well as marshaling with which help is required, at Belle Vue Park.
If you are able to assist at all, please email email@example.com or phone on 07588 783681.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology