Sudbury IV 1 IES III 1
SHA Division OneSudbury IV 1 Ipswich East Suffolk III 1Ipswich east Suffolk III faced stiff opposition in their top-of-the-table clash away at Sudbury.
SHA Division One
Sudbury IV 1 Ipswich East Suffolk III 1
Ipswich east Suffolk III faced stiff opposition in their top-of-the-table clash away at Sudbury.
IES were determined to deny Sudbury from winning and played some beautiful hockey right from the start.
You may also want to watch:
It was exciting end-to-end stuff as the IES midfield pressed their forwards up who advanced, threatening Sudbury's back line.
Di Stevens put in some excellent tackles to hold back Sudbury's advances, while Katie Baskett and Cheryl Noakes showed some super skills, enabling Emma Cope to score and give IES the lead.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 8 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
Sudbury came back to level the score from a short corner after smashing Mikki Hart's stick to pieces in the process.
Sudbury hadn't given up any hope of winning. The second half continued in the same furious spirit and IES gave it their absolute all.
Sammie Read had her game of the year in midfield, tirelessly running forward and back and making some super tackles.
Sudbury continued to threaten and defender Sarah Harrison showed lots of spirit keeping their young forwards at bay.
Excellent umpiring meant Sudbury had a goal disallowed and IES carried on in their furious pursuit to secure all three points.
Emma Cope was unlucky not to grab the winner in the final seconds but all in all the final result of 1-1 was fair. Thanks to all supporters who watched despite the icy conditions.