Sudbury IV 2 IES III 5
Sudbury IV 2 Ipswich East Suffolk III 5IES won this game by a score probably more convincing than the way they played. Missing Dave Charles they included instead Steve Farrow.
Sudbury IV 2 Ipswich East Suffolk III 5
IES won this game by a score probably more convincing than the way they played.
Missing Dave Charles they included instead Steve Farrow. From the start it was clear that Sudbury were not going to be beaten easily and the first 20 minutes were balanced.
However, on 25 minutes, John Adams opened the team's account with a well taken effort, two minutes later providing a pass to Stu List just inside the 'D' who turned and fired home to put IES 2-0 up.
You may also want to watch:
Sudbury however continued to press and scored a somewhat soft goal just at the end of the half from a short corner.
IES started the second half with another goal by Adams from a short corner and five minutes later when Adams was fouled in the D he himself took the resulting stoke leaving the keeper no chance and thus completing his hat-trick.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 10 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
However, it was Sudbury who continued to press and scored another soft goal, but against the run of play however IES won another short corner and “man-of-the-match” Adams was on hand to finish and score his fourth.