Sudbury Joggers: latest action
TEN members of Sudbury Joggers were in action at three different venues on Sunday.The main local event was the Stowmarket Half Marathon from Finborough.
TEN members of Sudbury Joggers were in action at three different venues on Sunday.
The main local event was the Stowmarket Half Marathon from Finborough. The undulating course is not designed for fast times, but many runners use this event in their marathon preparations.
Andy Buck was the first Jogger to finish, in 23rd, just outside his best time with 1:24:19.
Debutant Tom Cresswell put in an impressive first half-marathon to finish in 30th position with 1:26:10.
You may also want to watch:
Christian Gillibrand finished his first race for five months in 48th, in 1:28:55, Wes Benton ran with Christian.
Andy Glass was impressive in 61st with 1:30:50, while Chris Moulton completed the course in 101st 1:36:50. Dee St Ledger ran a strong race to beat her previous best by 10 minutes in 185th and 1:47:16.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
The mainly flat course at Canvey Island saw Marie Shirley take well over a minute from her five-mile personal best, with 32:17. Paul Preston ran with Marie.
Jo Gould ran in the Reading Half-Marathon, taking 15 minutes off her best time, with 2:11:35, finishing in 8951st.
For more information on Sudbury Joggers call Jem Smith on 07779 498405 or view the website www.sudburyjoggers.org.uk