Sudbury Joggers: latest action
TEN members of Sudbury Joggers were in action at three different venues on Sunday.The main local event was the Stowmarket Half Marathon from Finborough.
TEN members of Sudbury Joggers were in action at three different venues on Sunday.
The main local event was the Stowmarket Half Marathon from Finborough. The undulating course is not designed for fast times, but many runners use this event in their marathon preparations.
Andy Buck was the first Jogger to finish, in 23rd, just outside his best time with 1:24:19.
Debutant Tom Cresswell put in an impressive first half-marathon to finish in 30th position with 1:26:10.
Christian Gillibrand finished his first race for five months in 48th, in 1:28:55, Wes Benton ran with Christian.
Andy Glass was impressive in 61st with 1:30:50, while Chris Moulton completed the course in 101st 1:36:50. Dee St Ledger ran a strong race to beat her previous best by 10 minutes in 185th and 1:47:16.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
The mainly flat course at Canvey Island saw Marie Shirley take well over a minute from her five-mile personal best, with 32:17. Paul Preston ran with Marie.
Jo Gould ran in the Reading Half-Marathon, taking 15 minutes off her best time, with 2:11:35, finishing in 8951st.
For more information on Sudbury Joggers call Jem Smith on 07779 498405 or view the website www.sudburyjoggers.org.uk