Sudbury lose but perform well against a strong Tring side in London 1
Sudbury gave a superb performance against Tring, by far the strongest team in the league, and their determined defence often held up a classy opposition team, in a 52-14 home defeat
Three tries in the first 20 minutes from Tring showed their strength, however, Sudbury were far from being overrun and made the visitors fight for every point.
Sudbury settled in the second quarter and only shipped one further score whilst mounting their own attacks.
In the final 10 minutes, Sudbury applied pressure to the Tring line and forced them to give away several penalties in defence, leading to a penalty lineout from which they scored, Ben Stanton scoring under the posts.
In the second period, Sudbury tackled as though their lives depended on it, attempting to run the ball when they created a gap.
You may also want to watch:
They restricted Tring’s opportunities and scored the last try of the game, in the last minute, again courtesy of Stanton.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology