Sudbury miss out in FA Trophy; Felixstowe and Needham Market progress in Premier Cup
AFC Sudbury missed the chance to progress in the FA Trophy as they lost 1-0 at home to Tonbridge Angels in a Third Qualifying Round replay last night.
Ryan Watts’ goal on 57 minutes separated the teams.
In the Suffolk Premier Cup, Felixstowe & Walton United enjoyed a 3-0 home win over Kirkley & Pakefield.
Ben Cranfield edged the Seasiders into a half-time lead a minute before the break and Ryan Clark added a second in the 65th minute, before Brad Barber ensured the home side’s passage into the semi-final with a third with ten minutes left.
A young Kirkley side had stretched the hosts defence before the break and twice come close to ending the Seasiders’ run of three games without conceding before Cranfield side footed home Clarks near post cross in the 44th minute.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts took control after the break and when Brown lost possession Cranfield set Clark to drill home from eight yards. Barber hit his eighth of the season from Powell’s precision through ball to complete the scoring with a low left-foot show from inside the Kirkley area.
That secured the Seasiders’ last four place along with Needham Market who defeated Hadleigh United 3-0 at Bloomfields thanks to goals from Jamie Guy (2) and Darryl Coakley.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 8 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth