Sudbury Motor Cycle Club are rewarded with a full entry on a glorious day in the sun
- Credit: Archant
A glorious sunny day greeted the competitors for the first round of the Dave Barkshire Motorcycles Two Man Championship.
This is the first time a Two Man event was run at Strait Mill, Bocking by the Sudbury Motor Cycle Club, who were rewarded with a full entry.
There was hot competition in the Championship Class throughout the morning and afternoon sessions with the lead changing constantly right to the end. The Roper brothers Rick and Jamie (both Sudbury) edged the win on 45.83 laps just .16 of a lap ahead of Sam Mitchell (Woodbridge) and Brendan Mayers (Halstead).
The pairing of Harvey Mutten and Toby Morley (both Woodbridge) third on 43.67 laps, Braintree pairing Will Hughes/James Yearley fourth on 41.00 laps, Steve Roper/Adam Norton (both Sudbury) fifth on 39.00 laps and Will Kerry (Woodbridge)/Chris Hockey (Sudbury) sixth on 37.5 laps.
The Expert Class resulted in a close finish for the first three places with a win for Ben Grice (Lowestoft)/Kevin Palmer (Norwich) on 43.00 laps followed in second place by Mark Mitchell/Joe Marsh (both Halstead) on 42.83 laps and third place Lewis Weller (Diss)/Lee Monger (Sudbury) on 42.67 laps.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Barkshire (Diss) with partner Daniel Wright (Diss) were fourth on 41.33 laps with Phil Roper/Paul Belton (both Sudbury) fifth on 40.67 laps and Nigel Ross/Graham Mays (both Sudbury) sixth on 40.33 laps.
There was a tie on net laps completed in the Clubman Class between Paul and Daniel Hunt (both Diss) and Matt Smith/Marc Norton (both Sudbury) both teams riding 41.17 laps.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
It was down to the ‘Special Test’ times to decide the winner team and the Diss pairing got the win by 1.08 minutes with the Sudbury pairing having to be content with second place.
Third were Andy Blackman (Castle Colchester) and Gary Vines (Sudbury) on 40.17 laps, fourth Will Nice (Bury St Edmunds)/Ben Marsh (Halstead) on 40.00 laps, fifth the Diss pairing of Kyle Betts and Aaron Barkshire on 39.67 laps.
These are provisional results, subject to change, and round two is on April 30 at Iken. This is organised by the Woodbridge Club.