Sudbury Motorcycle Club host round three of the GH Motorcycles/Husqvarna/Eastern Centre Enduro Championship
Round three of the GH Motorcycles/Husqvarna/Eastern Centre Enduro Championship is being staged at Sudbury Motorcycle Club, at Foxborough Quarry, Sible Hedingham, on Sunday.
Based on the Hare and Hounds format, the event is split into two separate sessions, the first being for the Clubman and Sportsman Classes (10am) and the second for the Championship and Expert Classes (1pm).
After the first two rounds, last year’s champion Jamie Roper leads nine-time champion Chris Hockey by one point. They are followed by Ricky Roper, who is another past champion, Jason Morland and Sam Toy.
Last year’s winner of the Clubman Class, Lewis Bond, leads the Expert Class with 31 points. Behind him is Darren Nicolaou and David Stevens who are both on 20 points, while Nick Barrett and Jack Grice are on 18 points each.
Four-time champion Mark Chapman leads the Over-40 Expert Class by seven points from Gene Womack and John Bishop, followed by Paul Spurgeon and Graham Mays.
Dean Goggins, on 33 points, leads the Clubman Class by one point over up-and-coming youngster Ross Taylor, while further down the table William Hughes is on 20 points ahead of Ben Alexander on 15 points.
Jason Fowler has a seven-point lead in the Over-40 Clubman Class over Mark Green, with Jeff Turner on 24 points.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
In the Over-50 Clubman Class, Steve Finch has had his lead reduced to one point by Andy Mason, while both Alister McFarquhar and Paul Davis are on 20 points with Clive Stevens on 15.