Sudbury RFC mini-festival showcases young talent
THE chairman of Sudbury RFC has paid tribute to the club’s youth section after a hugely successful mini-festival.
Sunday’s annual feast of youth rugby saw 800 youngsters turn out for a variety of teams across the Eastern Counties, aged between Under-7s to Under-12s.
Mike Beckett, chairman at Sudbury RFC, said: “It was a highly successful event. It was very well-organised by our minis chairman and team of coaches. In fact, I would say it was our best festival so far.”
Beckett said he was especially proud of the fact that the festival remained free to all.
He added: “It is very important to hold these festivals to promote rugby to as many people as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also a great way for the youngsters to show what they have learnt over the summer and judging by what we saw on Sunday, the future is bright.”
The festival completes the triplet of fantastic youth events after ones held at Colchester and Ipswich.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 10 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village