Sudbury’s Tom Bigg nominated for cricket coaching award
A SUFFOLK cricket coach has been nominated for a national award for his dedication to grassroots cricket.
Tom Bigg, a coach at Long Melford CC has been nominated for the Sky Sports ECB Coach Education Young Coach of the Year award.
Bigg, from Sudbury, is a level 2 qualified coach, having started in the junior section at Long Melford as well as managing Suffolk under-14s in a coaching and administrative role.
The 20-year-old, who will also be coaching Copdock CC’s under-nines will discover whether or not he has won the award on January 26, at a ceremony in Warwick.
The youngster said: “I am delighted to be recognised by Sky Sports and the ECB and to be nominated for the Young Coach of the Year award.
“I love coaching and having the opportunity to attend a masterclass session with three great coaches will really help me develop my skills further.
“I can now go back to Long Melford CC and pass on a number of useful drills for all areas of the game. ”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 10 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
To mark his nomination, Bigg attended a day at the National Cricket Performance Centre, which included skills masterclass sessions with former England International and current spin coach, Peter Such, Leicestershire CCC batting coach, Ben Smith and Durham CCC fast bowling coach, Neil Killeen.
A total of 33 coaches, all under 25, are nominated for the award.