Sudbury Storm to five club records and four medals
The Suffolk County Championship events (800m and 1500m) were held over two weekends in Norwich.
Sudbury Storms had five swimmers competing and came away with five club records and four medals.
In the 12yr age group, Lana Mo achieved a new club record in the 800m & 1500m.
Finishing as runner up in the 800m, she did one better the following week by winning the 1500m and becoming Storms’ first county winner of 2012.
Alicia Demetriades, in the same age group swimming in the distance championships for the first time, swam incredibly well to finish fourth in the 800m and runner up to Lana in the 1500m.
You may also want to watch:
Also swimming in the 12yr age group was Olivia Sherred.
She finished ninth in the 800m and just missed out on the bronze medal to finish fourth in the 1500m. Ella Rides, in the 15/16yr age group finished fifth in the 800m with a new club record.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
The impressive Christopher Greenhalgh, the only male Storms swimmer to qualify for the distance championships, also achieved new club records in both the 800m & 1500m events in the 15/16yr age group.
Finishing fifth in the 1500m, he came away with the silver medal the following week in the 800m.
n Sudbury Storms hosted their annual Valentines senior age group and masters meet at the Kingfisher Leisure Pool.
This also incorporated the Suffolk County Championships for the same age group.
Sudbury had a total of 14 swimmers competing and between them they won 13 county medals.
Leading the pack at the event at Kingfisher was Stuart McLellan with six golds followed closely by wife Sharon with four.
Also winning gold were Vicki Buck, Graham King, Francesca King, Christopher Greenhalgh, Tom Williams, Helena Heyn, Nick Robertson and Terry Mansi.
Notable swims came from Ryan Alexander, Gemma Bedford, Gordon Coutts who all won silver.