Suffolk bowlers win national indoor triples title
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich trio Christine Rednall, Anna Chalk and Katherine Rednall were 5-14 in arrears after nine ends, but staged a magnificent recovery to win the national indoor bowls triples final in Melton Mowbray.
The trio, including mother and daughter duo Christine and Katherine, dropped a four on the third end and a seven on the fifth end, to find themselves 2-11 adrift against Sue Kearsley, Lesley Waddington and Janice Gower from the Blackpool Newton Hall club.
But they fought back to take the title back to Suffolk.
Katherine Rednall, the WBT Women’s World Matchplay champion, said: “Now that the number of ends has been reduced from 18 to 16, making a comeback is that much more difficult, but we stuck at it, and it all came good in the end.
“But we left it late, and took the lead for the first time on the very last end.”
You may also want to watch:
The trio had previously beaten North Walsham in the semi-final.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 10 Two cars set alight in two different streets