Suffolk Cup to be run as T20 knock-out competition
DETAILS have been announced for this season’s Greene King Suffolk Cup.
Eight teams have been invited to take part under the same T20 format that proved popular last season.
The four winners will go forward to the finals day to be held at Bury St Edmunds on Sunday, September 16, which will feature semi-finals and a final.
Simon Edgar of Greene King said: “We at Greene King are delighted to again be sponsoring the Suffolk Cup. The last two years have resulted in a superb finals day with a great deal of very exciting cricket.
“The T20 format provides a great spectacle, and last year Mildenhall performed exceptionally well to lift the trophy.”
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Cup draw: Woolpit v Worlington, Haverhill v Mildenhall, Sudbury v Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds v Hadleigh. Ties must be played by Friday, August 31.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds