Suffolk darts squad slip to defeat at Cleveland
- Credit: LAWRENCE LUSTIG
Suffolk fell to an overall 19-17 defeat at Cleveland in the British Inter County Championship Division Two at the weekend, having let slip a seemingly impregnable overnight lead.
The weekend started well with a fine 5-1 win for Suffolk in the Women’s B match – Stowmarket’s Leesa Woollard (16.23) winning the Lady of the Match award.
Andrew Gilding (Walsham – 33.40) was Man of the Match in the Men’s B match with a remarkable performance in the opening game, which inspired his team-mates to a 7-5 win.
Further wins left Suffolk with a six game overall advantage going into Sunday’s A team matches.
But Suffolk Women’s A went down 4-2 to a strong home line-up, leaving Suffolk with a 14-10 lead before the Men’s A match.
And a superb display by Cleveland saw them overturn their deficit by winning the Men’s A match 9-3, with Walsham’s Nick Bloom (27.96) the Suffolk Man of the Match.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 3 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 8 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue