Suffolk darts squad slip to defeat at Cleveland
- Credit: LAWRENCE LUSTIG
Suffolk fell to an overall 19-17 defeat at Cleveland in the British Inter County Championship Division Two at the weekend, having let slip a seemingly impregnable overnight lead.
The weekend started well with a fine 5-1 win for Suffolk in the Women’s B match – Stowmarket’s Leesa Woollard (16.23) winning the Lady of the Match award.
Andrew Gilding (Walsham – 33.40) was Man of the Match in the Men’s B match with a remarkable performance in the opening game, which inspired his team-mates to a 7-5 win.
Further wins left Suffolk with a six game overall advantage going into Sunday’s A team matches.
But Suffolk Women’s A went down 4-2 to a strong home line-up, leaving Suffolk with a 14-10 lead before the Men’s A match.
You may also want to watch:
And a superb display by Cleveland saw them overturn their deficit by winning the Men’s A match 9-3, with Walsham’s Nick Bloom (27.96) the Suffolk Man of the Match.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston