Millar and Moyes run for Great Britain at European Championships
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk duo of John (Jack) Millar and Emily Moyes both featured in medal-winning squads at the European Cross Country Championships, staged at Tilburg in Netherlands today.
Millar and Moyes had both excelled at the European Trials, held in Liverpool two weeks ago, to earn selection for the Great Britain & Northern Ireland u-23 teams.
Ipswich Harriers’ Millar, a student at Bath University who is from Helmingham, near Otley, finished strongly to take 28th spot in the under-23 men’s race. Great Britain took the silver team medals behind France.
Millar was the sixth GB finisher, although only 42 seconds separated the six GB runners. Patrick Dever led the surge in fifth, followed by Emile Cairess (8), Mahamed Mahamed (14), Oliver Fox (19) and Paulos Surafel (27).
Meanwhile, Moyes, of Stowmarket, was 45th in the under-23 women’s race. The British team finished third, behind Germany and Spain.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Griffiths was the first British finisher in seventh spot (21:04), followed by Poppy Tank (7) and Abbie Donnelly (17).
Moyes, a student at St Mary’s University, was only just over a minute behind leading team-mate Griffiths, in 22:10.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic