Suffolk FA appoint Nick Garnham as new marketing and PR officer
- Credit: Archant
SUFFOLK FA have appointed sports journalist Nick Garnham as their new marketing & PR officer.
Garnham has worked for Archant, publishers of the East Anglian Daily Times, Ipswich Star and Green ‘Un for nearly 32 years.
During that time he has been editor of the Green ‘Un, sports editor of the EADT, head of sport and more recently sport content manager.
In the last six years he has covered non-league football extensively for both papers as well as online throughout the county.
Garnham, who turns 52 next month, said: “I have always enjoyed a challenge, and this exciting opportunity was too good to turn down.
You may also want to watch:
“I am looking forward to enhancing the profile of the good work carried out by Suffolk FA, particularly at grassroots level, within the county.
“My father, Cyril, was a member of Suffolk FA Council for more than 40 years, and I hope that I can serve the county as well as he did, although I won’t be in office as long as he was!”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural
Laura Smith, chief executive of Suffolk FA, said: “We are delighted to have Nick join us here at Suffolk FA. His knowledge, experience and passion for the grassroots game in the county will be of tremendous value to the organisation.
“We have no doubt that Nick will do a great job promoting the fantastic work led by the team here and our dedicated volunteer workforce across Suffolk and look forward to welcoming him to the team.”
Garnham is due to take up his new post in the coming weeks.