Suffolk face Hertfordshire in friendly
SUFFOLK have named a 13-man squad to take on Hertfordshire on Sunday as they step up their preparations for the new season.
Suffolk lost by 177 runs against Essex 2nd XI in the county’s annual pre-season opener at Billericay last Sunday.
The same players have been named for Sunday’s match at the Victory Ground in Bury St Edmunds, when eleven players will field and eleven will bat to maximise the opportunity for all those involved.
Mark Lawson, the 27-year-old leg spinner who has had spells with Yorkshire, Middlesex, Derbyshire and Kent, was originally named in the squad last weekend but was a late withdrawal.
He is again included along with Archie Ogden, the 18-year-old left-arm seamer from Rotherham CC, the former club of Suffolk coach Simon Guy. Ogden took two wickets against Essex.
You may also want to watch:
The match against Hertfordshire should provide a good test for Suffolk ahead of their opening Minor Counties KO Trophy group game of the season, against Shropshire at Ipswich School on Sunday, May 5.
Suffolk are in the same group as Shropshire, Wiltshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
Sunday’s match starts at 11am.
Suffolk squad: J Bishop (capt), T Huggins, S Guy, C Swallow, M Cull, S Rees, A Mansfield (wkt), T Rash, S Ward, M Hunn, B Shepperson, M Lawson, A Ogden.