Suffolk girls bow out in semi-finals
SUFFOLK had to give second best to Middlesex in the ESFA Under-16 Girls Trophy semi-final at Hadleigh yesterday when they were beaten 4-2.Middlesex started well as Sue Gyamfi (penalty) and Emma Davies put them 2-0 up.
SUFFOLK had to give second best to Middlesex in the ESFA Under-16 Girls Trophy semi-final at Hadleigh yesterday when they were beaten 4-2.
Middlesex started well as Sue Gyamfi (penalty) and Emma Davies put them 2-0 up. Leanne Robe then hit the bar as Suffolk were awarded a penalty for a handling offence.
Danielle Scanlon made it three for Middlesex after 20 minutes. Rebecca Vaughan hit a fine goal for Suffolk following an indirect free kick after 28 minutes.
Suffolk did better in the second half but Davies scored her second with a volley to increase the visitors' lead.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk continued to battle hard and deservedly reduced the deficit when skipper Laura Thacker scored the best goal of the game with a powerful header midway through the second half.
- 1 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson