Suffolk darts squad go top of the table
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk went to the top of the British Inter County Championship Division Two promotion table following a superb 23-13 home win over Staffordshire.
There was a full house of wins for all four teams, starting with a brilliant 5-1 victory for Suffolk in the Women’s B match.
In her 200th appearance for Suffolk, Bury’s Nicky Doidge (16.73) earned the lady of the match award, with Leesa Woollard (14.94), Stacey Gooding (10.10), Barbara Chenery (13.90) and team manager Rossy Scriven (15.12) in her 150th and final appearance securing the win.
Despite achieving the highest average and a 109 finish, Beckie Edmeades (16.85) was Suffolk’s only unfortunate loser in the Women’s B match.
Staffordshire fought back in the early stages of the Men’s B match, with man of the match Stephen Burton (30.06 & two 180s) Suffolk’s only winner in the first five games, after defeats for John Attwater (21.78), Craig Woodward (19.88), Stuart Greenhalgh (24.02 & 180) and Phil Reeve (21.14).
You may also want to watch:
But the home side hit back to win 7-5, despite defeat for Kim Buckingham (24.21), with wins from Jason Stalker (23.48), Duane Nessling (19.52), Liam Last (27.11 & 180), Ryan Meikle (24.76), Curtis Hammond (27.33 & 180) and Ian Randles (25.82).
Holding a significant 12-6 overall advantage overnight, Suffolk lost the opening two games of Sunday’s Women’s A match - Jean Prewitt (14.20) and Carly Chenery (17.77) – but came back superbly to win 4-2 thanks to victories from Sami Watson (15.75), Sarah Self (17.44), lady of the match Jo Locke (22.09) and Sarah Ceska (21.47).
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
A huge overall win was guaranteed after a 7-5 victory for Suffolk in the Men’s A match with wins for Jason Elvin (23.86), man of the match Rob Warman (29.47 & 180), Wayne Hammond (25.37 & 180), Andrew Gilding (23.22 & three 180s), Richard Watson (27.14), Gary Butcher (24.49) and Mark Walker (25.46).
Suffolk’s beaten players were Nick Bloom (26.77), Daren Wood (20.23), Tony Lincoln (21.29), Dave Ballard-Flatt (26.06) and Rob Morling (21.52).
Suffolk move two points ahead of Kent at the top of the promotion table, while both the Men’s A and Women’s B teams lead their individual tables.