Suffolk have the best of first day in clash with Buckinghamshire
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk had the better of the first day of their season-opening Unicorns Championship three-day clash with Buckinghamshire today.
Bucks won the toss and elected to bat first at the Victory Ground in Bury St Edmunds.
But Hugo Douglas, who plays his club cricket for Copdock & Old Ipdswichian, tore through their order, finishing with a hugely impressive four wicket haul for just 19 runs as Bucks were dismissed for 260.
Tom Rash and Kyran Young claimed two wickets each, with Jack Beaumont capturing one.
G Paskins led Bucks with 72 runs, backed by Pat Castleden’s 53, and captain Mike Payne’s 52.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Suffolk set themselves up nicely for day two, reaching stumps at 87-0.
Former Essex star Jaik Mickleburgh reached his half century, finishing the day with 51 off 86 balls, including nine fours.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
Martyn Cull added a steady 36 runs off 66 balls.