Suffolk lose opening Unicorns clash at Hetfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk got off to a losing start in their MCCA Unicorns KO Trophy Group 4 clash at Hertforshire on Sunday.
Debutant Jaik Mickleburgh hit an impressive 124 as Suffolk amassed a competitive total of 284 for six off 50 overs, but it was not enough to prevent the visitors falling to a two-wicket defeat at North Mymms.
Tom Rash was Suffolk’s next highest scorer, finishing 48 not out, hitting six fours and a six off 35 balls.
In reply, Steve Gale and James Southgate put on a first-wicket partnership of 65, before the former was caught by Michael Comber, off the bowling of Rash for 33.
Southgate was the next wicket to fall, with Herts on 112, the opener being run out, before Daniel Blacktopp and Tanveer Mikander kept things ticking over.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts had a scare when Ben Frazer (39) was the eighth wicket down, but Ed Wharton and Ben Waring saw them home – Herts needing their full complement of overs to get the win.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K