Suffolk men get-together to prepare for coming season and an Anglian League title bid
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk men had their first get-together of the year at Aldeburgh to prepare for the coming season in the Anglian League and their bid to improve on last year’s runner-up spot in the Eastern Counties Foursomes at Seacroft.
They will be boosted by the return of county captain Jack Cardy who will be a key player now that he has regained his amateur status.
An addition to the squad is Chris Duffy of Gorleston who reached the final of the SGU match play last year. The winner, Luke Thompson of Rookery Park, is not making himself available for county golf.
Missing from the squad were Jack Forgan (at Stirling University), Jack Phillips (at college in the United States) and Monty Scowsill (at Exeter University).
They will no doubt come into consideration when they return to Suffolk in the spring.
You may also want to watch:
It remains to be seen if two former professionals, Kevin Earp (Stowmarket) and James Reiss (Aldeburgh), will be involved now that their amateur status has been restored.
Reiss has already been named as captain of Aldeburgh’s Stenson Shield team.
- 1 5 home maintenance jobs to do this autumn
- 2 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 3 Inquest into death of Suffolk music producer to be held in Australia
- 4 Have you seen Percy the missing dog?
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 See inside this 'iconic' Kersey period home for sale for £875,000
- 7 Last chance for schools to register for our First Class souvenir pullout
- 8 'You can be stuck there forever' - 20 minute delays at railway barrier
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
An absentee is Jed Seeley who has work commitments at Newton Green Golf Club.