Suffolk: Pair honoured in FA Football Futures awards
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers in Suffolk have won awards for their voluntary work at the FA Football Futures Recognition awards.
Cameron Brown, 17, from Bury St Edmunds, is a member of Sporting 87 FC, and won the Male Coaching Award for his training work over the last three years.
Cameron Hogg, from Henley near Ipswich, is a member of East Bergholt United Women, and jointly scooped the Promoting the Game (Media) Award for her role in the Suffolk FA Youth Council, and promoting events and good practice via Twitter for football in the county.
The pair visited St George’s Park in Burton upon Trent on Wednesday to pick up their awards, in a prizegiving which included a tour of the facilities.
Paige Shorten, who runs the Suffolk FA Football Futures programme, said: “The Football Futures Awards was a great celebration for all the workforce involved. It was brilliant for two of our volunteers to be recognised for their commitment and hard work in our county.
You may also want to watch:
“Cameron Brown and Cameron Hogg are great assets to our workforce and they deserved the opportunity to visit St George’s Park, celebrate the workforce awards and even get to go on a tour of the facilities at the end.”
The Football Futures programme is available to 14 to 22 year-olds, and provides volunteering opportunities for football in Suffolk.
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour