What is the greatest World Cup kit of all time?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
With a reported three million pre-order sales, Nigeria’s kit is this summer’s standout design, but where does it sit amongst the greatest World Cup kits of all time?
Croatia’s chessboard-like recreation of their national flag delighted everyone in 1998 as the team reached the semi-finals. Croatia face Nigeria on June 16, which should be a treat for the eyes.
Who would put both chevrons and pinstripes on one shirt? Denmark in 1986, that’s who.
In 1974 Zaire’s huge leopard logo on the front of their shirts was almost as memorable as the moment Mwepu Ilunga ran out of his team’s wall to kick the ball away from a Brazil free kick.
They may have knocked England out on penalties in the semi-finals, but we can almost forgive West Germany thanks to that glorious kit. Almost.
You may also want to watch:
In 1994, USA compensated for a lack of stars in their team by plastering some massive stars over their shirts on what looks like a denim background.
Which is your favourite? Vote in the poll.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 7 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
- 8 Police seize 37 dogs and make one arrest after raid in Essex
- 9 Ipswich Town owner Johnson could be close to adding another club to his portfolio with new takeover
- 10 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff