What is the greatest World Cup kit of all time?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
With a reported three million pre-order sales, Nigeria’s kit is this summer’s standout design, but where does it sit amongst the greatest World Cup kits of all time?
Croatia’s chessboard-like recreation of their national flag delighted everyone in 1998 as the team reached the semi-finals. Croatia face Nigeria on June 16, which should be a treat for the eyes.
Who would put both chevrons and pinstripes on one shirt? Denmark in 1986, that’s who.
In 1974 Zaire’s huge leopard logo on the front of their shirts was almost as memorable as the moment Mwepu Ilunga ran out of his team’s wall to kick the ball away from a Brazil free kick.
They may have knocked England out on penalties in the semi-finals, but we can almost forgive West Germany thanks to that glorious kit. Almost.
In 1994, USA compensated for a lack of stars in their team by plastering some massive stars over their shirts on what looks like a denim background.
Which is your favourite? Vote in the poll.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143