Suffolk Premier Cup final date confirmed
THE DATE of the LB Group Suffolk Premier Cup final at Portman Road has now been confirmed as Thursday, May 10.
The date was originally announced this morning as five days later on Tuesday, May 15, but Suffolk FA have this afternoon confirmed the date has been switched.
Holders Bury Town, who won the Ryman League Cup on Wednesday, will be bidding to make it a cup double when they face Lowestoft Town in the showpiece final.
The two clubs are already scheduled to meet each other at Ram Meadow in the Ryman League Premier Division on Easter Monday, April 9.
And they could face one another again in the end-of-season play-offs, assuming they both finish in the top five, before the Premier Cup final, which will kick-off at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Two goals by Sam Reed Bury saw Bury lift the cup last season thanks to a 2-0 victory over Needham Market.
For full story and the dates of all this season’s Suffolk FA cup final dates, see Saturday’s EADT.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 8 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 9 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 10 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time