Suffolk’s Arnold Allen to fight Makwan Amirkani at UFC Fight Night 107
- Credit: Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
Suffolk’s only UFC fighter, Arnold Allen, gets the chance to take a big step up the ladder at the world-famous O2 Arena in March.
Trimley St Martin’s Allen, 23, (11-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) will trade leather with fellow prospect Makwan Amirkhani (13-2 MMA, 3-0 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 107 on March 18.
It is a match-up which has fans of the sport purring, pitting two of the UFC’s most exciting – and unbeaten - featherweights against each other.
Allen will be returning to the octagon for the first time since last February, when he dominated veteran American Yaotzin Meza on route to a points win.
He started his career with a submission of the night victory over Alan Omer in Berlin, at short notice.
You may also want to watch:
If Allen, who now trains at the world-famous Tristar Gym in Montreal, gets past Amirkhani, he could well be ranked in the UFC’s top 15 featherweights for the first time.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found