Suffolk’s Arnold Allen to fight Makwan Amirkani at UFC Fight Night 107
- Credit: Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
Suffolk’s only UFC fighter, Arnold Allen, gets the chance to take a big step up the ladder at the world-famous O2 Arena in March.
Trimley St Martin’s Allen, 23, (11-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) will trade leather with fellow prospect Makwan Amirkhani (13-2 MMA, 3-0 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 107 on March 18.
It is a match-up which has fans of the sport purring, pitting two of the UFC’s most exciting – and unbeaten - featherweights against each other.
Allen will be returning to the octagon for the first time since last February, when he dominated veteran American Yaotzin Meza on route to a points win.
He started his career with a submission of the night victory over Alan Omer in Berlin, at short notice.
If Allen, who now trains at the world-famous Tristar Gym in Montreal, gets past Amirkhani, he could well be ranked in the UFC’s top 15 featherweights for the first time.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for keeper Walton
- 6 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town