Suffolk set Cheshire 220 to win
SUFFOLK set Cheshire 220 to win in today's Minor Counties Knock-out Trophy final at Lord's.Paul Grayson, the former Essex all-rounder, top-scored with 87 as Suffolk were all out with four balls of their 50 overs unused.
SUFFOLK set Cheshire 220 to win in today's Minor Counties Knock-out Trophy final at Lord's.
Paul Grayson, the former Essex all-rounder, top-scored with 87 as Suffolk were all out with four balls of their 50 overs unused.
Suffolk skipper Phil Caley won the toss and chose to bat in glorious sunshine on the county's first ever appearance at the home of cricket.
Tom Huggins (9) and Andrew Mawson (11) both fell cheaply and when Ben France was dismissed for 24 with the score on 59 Suffolk were in a spot of bother.
You may also want to watch:
Worse was to follow when Toby Hembry was run out for 10 with the total on 74 but Chris Swallow joined Grayson and the pair began to rebuild the innings.
Swallow eventually fell for 38, stumped going for a big hit, and when captain Caley was caught at the wicket in the next over for just a single - a decision he was clearly not happy about - Suffolk had slipped to 159 for six.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Matchday Live: Bonne thumps Town ahead at Lincoln
- 5 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 6 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
Chris Warn helped add 38 with Grayson before he was caught behind for seven and then Grayson was caught on the long-on boundary for a splendid 87.
Paul King was out second ball but some lusty hitting from Justin Bishop, who was last man out for 15 including one six over mid-wicket, pushed the total up to 219.