Suffolk Sports Awards are looming - make your vote count!
- Credit: © Keith Mindham Photography
The 2013 Suffolk Sports Awards are looming and it is time to nominate your local sporting heroes.
Hosted by Suffolk Sport, the County Sports Partnership for Suffolk – in collaboration with Suffolk County Council and media partner BBC Radio Suffolk – are on a quest to find and celebrate individual excellence, team achievement as well as recognise those people who work tirelessly behind the scenes – the unsung sporting heroes.
The awards have grown in popularity and distinction since being launched in 2006 and last year’s event saw two Olymoians, Lowestoft’s Anthony Ogogo and East Bergholt’s Zoe Newson share the main award – The Sports Personality of the Year.
This year there are 14 award categories and the closing date for nominations is 13th October 2013.
The winners of specific categories will progress to both BBC East and Sport England Awards and hopefully then onto the televised National BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards. Last year’s Awards were the most successful to date, with two winners going on to the BBC East Sports Awards.
Given the local sporting pedigree in Suffolk, Suffolk Sport are hopeful of a huge number of nominations from the County’s sporting clubs this year. You can nominate online at www.suffolksport.com/awards by following the link to the Suffolk Sports Awards 2013, saving you time, the online process is quick and easy.
For more information contact Vicki Askew, Suffolk Sport on 07900 137796 or Vicki.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 5 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 9 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 10 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze