Suffolk title doubles for Matt Hough and Harriet Petley at Framlingham Tennis Tournament
- Credit: Archant
Despite the challenges of the weather at the Framlingham Tennis Tournament, the Suffolk singles and doubles finals were completed on grass.
Starting on Monday, the rounds of the competition were played throughout the week concluding with the finals on Thursday, and the top seeds all managed to get through to the title matches.
The ladies’ final was between Harriet Petley and Katie Tassell, with Petley overcoming the experienced Tassell 6-3,6-4.
The men’s finals was won by Matt Hough who overcame Ryan Lambert, a fellow county cup team member 6-2, 6-3.
The ladies doubles was between Petley and Hannah Stokes and Tassell and Susan Wessels with the youngsters Petley and Stokes coming through to win in a tie break third set.
You may also want to watch:
The mens doubles final was between Jeremy Cowley and Hough against the Cutting brothers, Noah and Toby, with the experienced Cowley and Hough winning 6-2,6-0.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143