Suffolk too strong for Norfolk
SUFFOLK Under-15s were too strong for their Norfolk counterparts after running in 48 points without reply.
The first quarter of this game suggested a tight encounter, with neither side able to score due to handing and other errors. Gradually however, after an inspirational touchline tackle by captain Matt Wadling, Suffolk gained the ascendancy during the match played at West Norfolk RUFC.
After 18 minutes, a great break from deep by full back Angus Perry was taken on by flanker George Butt and then spun wide left for winger Tom Hughes to touch down.
Soon after, a counter attack from a missed Norfolk kick for touch passed through several Suffolk hands before prop Oliver Donovan crossed for the try.
Suffolk were now well on top and Hughes grabbed his second in the 25th minute and Angus Perry landed a great conversion to put the visitors 17 points to the good at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk mounted a series of early second half attacks but strong Suffolk defence resisted. Five minutes into the half, quick ball and sure hands allowed winger Josh James to score under the posts, giving fly-half Scott Jackson a comfortable two points.
By now, Suffolk were at the top of their collective game, with excellent ball retention, continuity and support from backs and forwards working together in a near-faultless display.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
Four more tries came - flanker George Butt scored from close range, Hughes claimed his hat-trick, winger Toby Eaton outpaced the Norfolk defence and Matt Wadling rounded off by jinking through to score. Angus and Scott converted one more each to round off a very accomplished team performance.
Matthew Wadling (c), Louis Hicks, George Butt (vc), Will Higgins, Damola Adejuwan, Tom Hughes, Rob Attwater, Scott Jackson, Oliver Donovan, Josh James, Toby Eaton, Angus Perry, Zac Evans, Angus Williams, Alex Farrands, Archie Wilkinson, Callum Frogley, Jake Worthington.