Summer clear-out starts
JIM Magilton has started his summer clear-out by releasing Scott Barron and putting Sito Castro on the transfer list.The Blues boss told both full-backs they were no longer needed during the first part of a two-day review of all his players, which continues today.
By Derek Davis
JIM Magilton has started his summer clear-out by releasing Scott Barron and putting Sito Castro on the transfer list.
The Blues boss told both full-backs they were no longer needed during the first part of a two-day review of all his players, which continues today.
While the news will not have been a surprise to either player, Magilton knows it will still be a blow and has vowed to help them find new clubs as soon as possible. Magilton said: “I had been at Liverpool between ages 16 and 20 and was devastated when they told me they didn't want me any more but I was determined to go and prove them wrong, which I did.
You may also want to watch:
“Scott has a good grounding but has been hampered at times by injury. I'm sure he will be fixed up and will want to show he can make it.”
Spaniard Sito still has another year left on his Portman Road contract.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
He said: “Sito wants to play games and we will do what we can to make sure he is playing regularly somewhere.”
Among the dozen players Magilton spoke to yesterday was centre-half Ian Miller, who has been offered, and accepted, a three-year contract.
Midfielder Sammy Moore and defender Michael Synnott have been given one-year deals and will probably be loaned out at the beginning of next season, while veteran defender Fabian Wilnis has also agreed another 12 months.