Summer signings boost Norwich
NORWICH United manager Paul Chick is hopeful that the club will challenge at the top of the Ridgeons League Premier Division table this season after a raft of summer signings.
Football: Norwich United manager Paul Chick is hopeful that the club will challenge at the top of the Ridgeons League Premier Division table this season after a raft of summer signings.
Chick confirmed he has added Mildenhall duo Darren Coe and Tom Youngs to his squad - and is still hoping to add a couple more players with Ryman League experience before the season starts.
Striker Youngs, who played in the Football League with Cambridge United, and former Newmarket centre back Coe, have joined Felixstowe and Walton United goalkeeper Ben Nower, midfielder Danny George and striker Andrew Claydon at Plantation Park.
Full back Ben Wake has signed from Harwich and Parkeston while Lee Hunter, Ricci Butler and John Bell have all arrived from Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
Chick said: “We hope the new signings will gel together and that they will put us nearer the top of the table, rather than the bottom, where we spent most of last season.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country