Mildenhall Fen Tigers set for sun-soaked Sunday double-header
- Credit: Archant
The Mildenhall Fen Tigers face a busy afternoon tomorrow when they face both the Kent Kings and Isle of Wight Warriors, as they look to kick their league season into gear, writes Phil Kirk.
The Fen Tigers have ridden just the two league meetings to date at home to Buxton and away to Stoke collecting the maximum seven points and will be looking to add six more to that total by the end of Sunday afternoon.
With crowds at the Suffolk track on the rise and the region basking in sunshine, the club are offering a special deal for Sunday’s meeting with adults being charged £22 for the two meetings, concessions £20 and children 15 and under free.
The Fen Tigers are at full strength, as are the Kings, who will feature ex-Fen Tigers Nathan Stoneman and Alex Spooner in their ranks.
The Warriors will be without their number one Ben Morley and bring in guest track specialist Georgie Wood from Eastbourne.
You may also want to watch:
They include no fewer than four ex-Fen Tigers in their ranks, recent signing Alfie Bowtell plus Chris Widman, Scott Campos and Danno Verge.
Club promoter Kevin Jolly said: “We have started very well this season claiming a place in the National Trophy final and a place in the KO Cup semi-finals following a real battle with Birmingham.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
“Now though, it is a case of getting some league points onboard this weekend and next Saturday evening before we face some potentially tough away fixtures at Eastbourne, Birmingham, Coventry and Belle Vue.
“Obviously our target is a place in the play-offs but we want to finish top of the league so we can to some extent control our destiny in the play-offs. I remain confident we can achieve that aim and the lads know exactly what is required of them.”
Mildenhall (both meetings)
1. Josh Bailey 8.87, 2. Sam Bebee 3.00, 3. Danny Halsey 7.60, 4. Ryan Kinsley (C) 4.53, 5. Danny Ayres 8.38, 6. Drew Kemp 3.00, 7. Matt Marson 3.00
TM - Phil Kirk