Sunday league footballers hold open top bus parade to celebrate double success
- Credit: Archant
An Essex Sunday league football team celebrated winning the league and cup double in style with an open top bus parade.
Duckpond FC, formed in Harwich, were crowned champions of the Colchester District Sunday League with only one defeat during the season.
The club also picked up the Fowler Memorial Cup following a win over Harts FC, and marked the achievement by hiring a double decker bus which made its way through the streets of Harwich on Saturday.
Duckpond also had a banner printed for the bus, which read: "We conquered all of Essex, we're never gonna stop. Allez, Allez, Allez".
It's the third time the club have celebrated in this manner, with previous open top bus parades in 2013 and 2014.
You may also want to watch:
The club formed in 2011 and is named after Cox's Pond in Harwich.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 5 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Matchday Live: Town two up on basement boys
- 7 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 8 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan