Sunday scores twice in reserves win
AKANNI-Sunday Wasiu continued his rich vein of form by scoring twice for Colchester United Reserves in a 3-0 win at Leyton Orient yesterday.Wasiu has scored in each of the U's Reserves' first three fixtures of the season, against Luton, Ipswich and now the O's.
AKANNI-Sunday Wasiu continued his rich vein of form by scoring twice for Colchester United Reserves in a 3-0 win at Leyton Orient yesterday.
Wasiu has scored in each of the U's Reserves' first three fixtures of the season, against Luton, Ipswich and now the O's. He also hit the target in United's only win in League One to date, at Swindon.
David Perkins, who is gunning for his first league start, netted the opening goal after just six minutes. Wasiu then took centre stage. The Nigerian front-runner doubled the U's lead from close range, and it was 3-0 before the half-hour mark as the 24-year-old crashed home a cracking shot.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors did not add to their tally during the second-half, despite continuing to dominate, but this was a satisfactory day all-round for the Essex club.
Centre-half Pat Baldwin emerged unscathed from another 90 minutes of action and winger Medy Elito also played the whole match. Elito missed the U's 2-0 defeat at Crewe on Saturday with a sore knee.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival