Sunderland won't sign Cisse
SUNDERLAND are ready to pull the plug on a scheme to sign Djibril Cisse from Marseille for �12million. (Mirror)The French striker joined the Black Cats on loan last summer with a view to a permanent deal.
SUNDERLAND are ready to pull the plug on a scheme to sign Djibril Cisse from Marseille for �12million. (Mirror)
The French striker joined the Black Cats on loan last summer with a view to a permanent deal.
But the loan is about to end and the Cats have to give an answer on whether they want to complete the full-time switch in the next few days.
Cisse's fixed fee was agreed in advance when Roy Keane signed the former Liverpool attacker, with the French giants ready to put him on the market if Sunderland do not take up the option.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline was set before the end of the season to give Marseille extra time to bring in a replacement for Cisse - but he has not scored enough goals to keep Sunderland out of a relegation scrap and they are set to cancel the deal.
Sunderland have their eye on �5m-rated Reading winger Stephen Hunt.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Tottenham are also keen on the Republic of Ireland ace, but Sunderland are keeping tabs as they look to rebuild after their disappointing season.